- Lyme Disease is not just a New England problem
- Lyme Disease is in every state and every country except Antarctica
- Key states with the highest number are Minnesota, Michigan, CT, PA, NY, NJ and ME
- There are 300,000-400,000 new cases of Lyme Disease each year
- 25% of these cases are children ages 5-14 years old
- This equates to 4 school buses of children each day diagnosed with this disease
- Lyme Disease is at Epidemic Proportions
- Lyme Disease is 6X more common than HIV/AIDS and 2X more common than breast cancer
- Lyme Literate Doctors claim 60% of those patients with Lyme Disease also have another co-existing tick borne illness.
- New types of ticks are being discovered each year that are carrying different life threatening illnesses
- Only 35-40% of the people ever get a rash and fewer ever see the tick
- Ticks use an adhesive to attach themselves to their host (animal or human)
- Ticks numb the area where they are engorging so it is difficult to feel them
- If undiagnosed or misdiagnosed Lyme Disease can be a lasting debilitating illness that can affect any or every organ in the body
- The medical expenses not covered while combating Lyme Disease can bring financial ruin to families.
- Workplace productivity by individuals trying to work while suffering with Lyme Disease can drop considerably or even require family leave or chronic absenteeism.